Treatment of Venous Thromboembolism (VTE)
Important Safety Information and Indications
Indications and Clinical Use:
- Extended treatment of symptomatic venous thromboembolism (VTE) and prevention of its recurrence in patients with solid tumours
- Peri- and post-operative surgical thromboprophylaxis
- Thromboprophylaxis in patients bedridden due to a medical condition*
- Treatment of VTE
- Unstable angina and non-Q wave MI, administered concurrently with aspirin
- Prevention of clotting in the extracorporeal circulation during haemodialysis or haemofiltration†
*Including, but not limited to: congestive cardiac failure (NYHA class III or IV), acute respiratory failure or acute infection, who also have a predisposing risk factor for VTE such as age over 75 years, obesity, cancer or previous history of VTE.~
†In patients with chronic renal insufficiency or acute renal failure.
Safety Information, Contraindications, Special warnings and Precautions for use:
For further information on safety, contraindications, special warnings and precautions for use please follow the link at the bottom of the page to the Prescribing Information. Alternatively, please refer to the Tolerability section and follow the link to the individual SPCs at the bottom of the page.
PP-FRA-GBR-0155. June 2019