Changing the outlook in metastatic breast cancer (mBC)
IBRANCE is the first cyclin-dependent kinase 4/6 (CDK4/6) inhibitor approved for HR+/HER2- locally advanced and metastatic breast cancer.1,2
As a 1st line therapy in HR+/HER2- locally advanced and metastatic breast cancer, IBRANCE + letrozole has demonstrated >2 years median progression free survival vs letrozole plus placebo alone in the PALOMA-2 study.3*
IBRANCE plus fulvestrant delivers more than double the mPFS compared with fulvestrant monotherapy, 11.2 months with Ibrance plus fulvestrant vs. 4.6 months with fulvestrant plus placebo.4,5
*Based on results from phase III randomised clinical trials4-6
AI, aromatase inhibitor; ET, endocrine therapy; HER2-, human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-negative; HR+, hormone receptor-positive; LHRH, lutenising homone-releasing hormone; mBC, metastatic breast cancer; mPFS, median progression-free survival.
1. IBRANCE® Summary of Product Characteristics.
2. Kim ES, et al. Target Oncol. 2017;12(3):373-383.
3. Finn RS, et al. N Engl J Med. 2016;375(20):1925-1936.
4. Cristofanilli M, et al. Lancet Oncol. 2016;17(4):425-39.
5. Cristofanilli M, et al. Poster at ASCO 2017; 2nd-6th June, 2017; Chicago, IL. Poster 1039.
6. Rugo HS, et al. Poster P5-21-03, presented at SABCS 2017; December 5-9, 2017. San Antonio, TX. USA.
PP-IBR-GBR-2378. May 2020