XELJANZ in combination with methotrexate (MTX) is indicated for the treatment of moderate to severe active rheumatoid arthritis in adult patients who have responded inadequately to, or who are intolerant to one or more disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs. XELJANZ can be given as monotherapy in case of intolerance to MTX or when treatment with MTX is inappropriate.
XELJANZ in combination with MTX is indicated for the treatment of active psoriatic arthritis (PsA) in adult patients who have had an inadequate response or who have been intolerant to a prior disease modifying antirheumatic drug (DMARD) therapy.
XELJANZ is also indicated for the treatment of adult patients with moderately to severely active ulcerative colitis (UC) who have had an inadequate response, lost response, or were intolerant to either conventional therapy or a biologic agent.
FOR PATIENTS, THE BURDEN OF RA REMAINS HIGH DESPITE EFFECTIVE THERAPIES BEING AVAILABLE1
The majority of RA patients feel their life is controlled by RA, despite receiving the current standard of care2:
- The patient with inadequate response to csDMARDs who may require a combination therapy with XELJANZ and MTX: patients experience signs and symptoms like pain and difficulties with daily activities3-5
- The MTX intolerant patient who may require monotherapy with XELJANZ: very often patients experience gastrointestinal, hepatic, dermatological, and neurological adverse events6
XELJANZ: 5 mg BID dosing allows patients the simplicity of oral therapy*7
*After inadequate response or intolerance to csDMARD/MTX therapy.7
BID=twice daily: csDMARD=conventional synthetic disease-modifying antirheumatic drug: MTX=methotrexate: RA=rheumatoid arthritis.
- Taylor PC et al. Rheumatol Int 2016; 36: 685-695
- McInnes IB et al. Clin Exp Rheumatol 2013; 31: 350-357
- Katchamart W et al. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2010; 14: CD008495
- Strand V et al. Rheumatology (Oxford) 2016; 55: 1031-1041
- Sanderson T et al. Arthritis Care Res 2010; 62: 640-646
- Emery P et al. Ann Rheum Dis 2013; 72: 1897-1904
- XELJANZ (tofacitinib citrate) Summary of Product Characteristics